Saturday, November 12, 2016

A Surprising Result

A. Write about a recent movie you have seen that you enjoyed, and why you liked it.
Well, I don't like to watch movies because I think watching movies needs more than an hour, and it is wasting time. I never watch horror movies because I think I won't sleep well at night. A movie that I have enjoyed was "Kong Fu Panda 3." I think this movie was very funny, and I watched the whole series from one to three. The main character, Panda, is kind of stupid but funny. He and his friends save the whole world. I like this movie because it was not scary at all, and it was suitable for everyone to watch. I would recommend this movie to families that have little children.

 B. Write about a learning goal you have for yourself over the next year.
For me, I want to learn more about basketball and baseball terminology because I want to have a job in the NBA or MLB in the future. Therefore, my tutor brought a book named "Watch NBA MLB Learn English." In this book, it writes all the terminology for the NBA and MLB, and also some fun facts about them. Now, when I am watching a game, I will turn the language to English because it can improve my English listening, and learn more about the NBA and MLB.


C. What effect do you think playing sports has on learning? How much do you think the mind and body work together?
I think playing sports affects learning a lot. I am in the korfball team at school, and I practice korfball with my teammates. It helps me relax after a long time of study. In addition, playing korfball has helped my physical coordination become better. When we are competing outside the school, I will think of what I should do now for defense or offence. Therefore, I think playing sports can improve our learning.

D. What effect do you think playing a musical instrument has on learning a foreign language? What are some things you have noticed about good language learners
I think playing a musical instrument does improve one's ability in learning a foreign language. When you are playing an instrument, all you need to do is practice. It helps you when you are learning language because you know you need to practice to become better.


E. Would you be willing to use an audio book plus a PDF file to read any of the following books next semester?
I think I am okay with it because I have never tried audio book plus a PDF file. So, I think we can try it next semester.



2 comments:

  1. I like Kong Fu Panda 3 too, but I think that movie is not playing in movie theater anymore for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree with you because I think watching movies can release pressure, don't you? i think maybe you can go and watch Me Before You because it's a really good movie and it's touching.

    ReplyDelete